Thursday 23 August 2012

Week #3: Burning legs and not much else


Well, I was right about not wanting to exercise after Sunday. I didn’t let myself go so far as to drive or bus into work, but the ride in was certainly painful on Monday morning. A few agonising stretching sessions during the day seemed to help, but the burning thighs I got from riding home convinced me I shouldn’t push the friendship any further. Alas, that meant no Capoeira on Monday night.

Found a few handrails near work to try balancing on at lunch-time. You know, it's a lot harder to do with shaky legs and the breeze to contend with than it was at the indoor Parkour area. I struggled to walk forwards along the bar, let alone backwards. Despite the minor sessions of abuse, my legs forgave me enough to trick them into doing the Wednesday Capoeira session. Was that really a good idea when they were still struggling? Of course not, but it built character!

So, other than being cruel to my poor legs and doing my usual rides to and from work, what did I achieve this week? Any great feats of organisation? I did a lot of organising and planning, but it was for next year rather than this summer. I fear I actually achieved very little this week and, unless I think of something quickly, I may have similar results from the coming weekend.

Since posts about getting nothing done are exceedingly dull to write (and I imagine to read as well), I’ll think fast and make sure there’s something more exciting to report by Sunday night. At least I can rest assured that I’ve planned plenty of physical abuse for next week, so much that I probably won’t be able to walk come the following Saturday… um, hooray I guess…

No comments:

Post a Comment