Wednesday 3 October 2012

Weekend #9: A "relaxing" break

Well, under orders not to over-exert myself lest I do horrendous damage to my knee, what could I do for a weekend? There was a contra dance on Saturday night, with a guest contra musician visiting from the US. Ordered not to push myself... Contra dance... Ordered not to push myself... Contra dance...

I'm pretty predictable when it comes to dancing, particularly contra which is a fast-paced dance style with plenty of chances to spin you and your partner silly. Of course I spent most of the evening dancing while loaded down with weights, not the entire evening but enough that my leg told me in no uncertain terms I was to stop being so silly. Saturday was far more restful, devoted to digging, hoeing and weeding. That's relaxing isn't it?

It's been pointed out to me that this blog has featured a distinct lack of adventures of late, that the pace has dropped off a lot. I knew setting the precedent of those first few weeks would be a mistake, but oh well. It's about preparations in general, not just going on adventures. Ideally, it would all be adventures, but then I wouldn't have any time to write the blog now would I? Alright, so I still would have time but I'm using that as an excuse anyway. I'm fairly confident in my fitness at this point, so a lot of the posts are going to start being about less exciting things. Food will probably feature heavily from here on, as well as more discussions of gear. Sorry, but that's what's needed right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment